Frequently Asked Questions
About the event
Step forward to end homelessness is a brand new virtual step challenge, raising funds to help support Crisis services and campaigning work across the UK.
It is very simple to take part in Step forward to end homelessness. Register your place and set up an online giving page. You can link your online giving page to your Fitbit, Strava or Map My Fitness account or manually log the distance you travel on your page. Your friends, family and colleagues can all sponsor you through your online page.
It costs just £10 to register for Step forward to end homelessness.
The event is free for under 16s.
You can choose one of our targets, all of which represent key facts from our research that have informed the steps we must take to end homelessness.
Or for smaller feet and different abilities, set your own goal.
We ask that participants aim to raise at least £100 each for Crisis. There will be fundraising competitions and prizes to be won for the top fundraisers, so get your friends and family to dig deep! Find out how you compare to others on the leaderboards.
If you are raising money online then the good news is that all of your donations automatically come to us. If you are raising money offline then we ask that all sponsorship is with us by the end of June. Please contact the team on email@example.com to find out the best way to pay in your offline fundraising.
Yes, you can! We know some people prefer to raise funds offline, so we suggest you
The donations you receive for taking part in Step forward to end homelessness allow us to help people directly out of homelessness and campaign for the changes needed to solve it altogether.
· £10 provides a warm welcome and helps someone take the first steps out of homelessness
· £25 helps someone regain a sense of worth through healthcare and counselling
· £50 helps someone gain the skills or qualifications they need to turn their life around
· £100 provides support, training and equipment to help someone find their way back into employment
· £250 provides one-to-one support to help someone find a safe place to call home.
You can find out more about what we do and how we do it by visiting our website.
Counting your steps
You can integrate your MapMyFitness, Strava or Fitbit account with your Every Day Hero page. Watch the videos below to see how you can connect your tracking device.
No problem - you can add your steps manually when you remember and these will still count towards your target!
Making sure you take the right steps for you
We know that everyone has different abilities, so make sure you’re setting achievable targets and keeping safe throughout the challenge. Here are some tips to ensure that every step you take is in the right direction.
- Wear appropriate shoes or kit for your challenge, including hi-vis clothing or accessories for any activities taking place at night or on roads.
- Always take routes that are well-lit and known to you and let a friend or family member know when and where you are going.
- Under 16s should be supervised by an adult when participating in Step forward to end homelessness.
- Warm up properly before your activity and don’t push yourself TOO hard! If you feel unwell or injure yourself, please seek medical advice before continuing your activity.
Got a question that is not answered here? Please contact the team:
020 7036 2880
For technical questions about your fundraising page, contact Everydayhero at firstname.lastname@example.org. Alternatively, you can live chat to a member of the support team from within your Everydayhero account, available Mon-Sat 9am-6pm.